We've covered the world of college academic forms, but beyond those add/drop and course waivers there is a whole other world of documents necessary for college campuses. Universities have whole offices dedicated to transfer processes. Print suppliers would benefit from noting that these additional avenues exist for business.

Whether it is a request to leave or a request to re-enroll, there are plenty of forms left to explore. Here are some of the most common transfer forms available at U.S. colleges.

Transfer Forms
A 2015 study by the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center found that 37.2 percent of college students transfer at some point in their college careers. It is a common occurrence that includes lots of exciting paperwork. Okay, maybe not exciting, but paperwork nonetheless. Students must transfer credits and documents from their previous college to their new choice.

This transfer category has also come to include forms for students wishing to come back after a transfer or leave of absence. Transferring doesn't have to be to a completely new college, some transfer documents involved switching schools within a university. For example: from the school of arts to the school of communications. Here are the four most common transfer documents in the college sphere.

1. Change of Major/Minor: In most colleges these forms are managed by the office of the registrar.These forms are required for obvious reasons: to change a student's major or minor. In some cases this can involve transferring schools within the college, for others it can be an inter-school change. Regardless of the type, students are required to submit this form and have it processed before the change can become official. The form requires you to specify whether it is a major or minor switch, what you are currently majoring/minoring in and what you are switching over to. From there, students must obtain signatures from a variety of faculty members. A common list of required signatures would include a faculty advisor, the relevant department chairs and the student making the change.

2. Withdrawal/Leave of Absence: There are a variety of different reasons a student would need to take a leave from school or withdraw altogether. The processes differ for both but many schools consolidate the paperwork into one form. A leave of absence usually requires pre-approval from a department chair or dean. Students in good academic standing are often eligible for a leave of absence but the approval rate varies from college to college. With a leave of absence, students will be able to return at a pre-specified date without readmission. For a withdrawal the student is essentially not making a guarantee they will come back. In these cases, a readmission application would be required to re-join the university. These forms require a specification of which option you are choosing, the semester the action will take effect and some form of reasoning for the request.

3. Readmission Forms: As mentioned above, these forms are used for readmission after a withdrawal or a complete transfer. The applications usually come with strict deadlines for submission based upon beginning-of-term dates. The form itself is insufficient for approval. Students who have been to other universities in their absence must provide academic transcripts. For students who have left for medical reasons, documentation is required. Lastly, for those who withdrew due to a judicial issue, there must be relevant documents indicating the pupil has met the terms determined for readmission. The forms include student information such as name, former ID number and date of birth. From there, students are expected to fill out areas specifying when they attended the college for the first time, the date and term they left as well as their intended date of return pending approval. If the student attended an additional school there is a section of the form specified for that information. At the end there will be a designated area for office administrators to complete upon delivery.

3. Transfer Credits: Whether you are coming into a college or leaving, there is paperwork involved with transferring credits around. Many colleges have some kind of system in place to ensure your credits are transferrable before you submit a formal request. After you have determined that your credits can be used towards a new institution you will need to extract the relevant information from your old college and submit the details in paper form. The form for requesting a transfer credit must be accompanied by an official transcript which has to be obtained from your old college via form. Those transcript request forms will be covered in a separate post. Assuming you have those documents, you must fill in your contact info (street address, email) as well as your name and date of birth. Then there will be spaces to indicate the relevant courses for transfer and their equivalents at your new school.